The Epilog system used for this project was a 35 watt Helix.
- First, open the file sc_tray_1.cdr.
- Resize to fit your particular tray.
- Place the tray in the machine vertically, as shown to the right.
- NOTE: Because of its raised handles, you cannot focus the machine properly if the tray is positioned horizontally.
- You will need to move your home position to the upper left hand corner of the tray, below the raised handle.
- Set the new home position.
- Draw a vector box outside the design.
- Run ONLY the vector job with the lid OPEN so no cuts will be made.
- When you are satisfied with the placement of the design, focus the machine.You can do this manually or select the Auto Focus feature when you send the job to the engraver.
- Make sure to remove the vector box prior to engraving.
- On a 35-watt Helix, we used the following settings:
RASTER SPEED: 80%
RASTER POWER: 50%
- If you find you would like a deeper engraving, do not move the tray and simply run the job again.
- When you are satisfied with the engraving, remove the tray and you're done!