The Epilog system used for this project was a 35 watt Helix.
- First, open the file sc_stpd_frame.cdr
- Remove components from frame (glass plate and black backing.)
- NOTE: Prior to cutting and engraving, we recommend running the vector art (with the lid open) on the back side of the frame to ensure the laser cuts exactly where the photo will be inserted.
- When you are certain the vector cuts are placed properly on your frame, flip it over and you're ready to engrave.
- We used the following settings on our 45 watt Helix:
RASTER SPEED: 40%
RASTER POWER: 100%
VECTOR POWER: 100%
- After the job is done, remove any excess varnish from the frame using a damp cloth.
- Reassemble the frame by inserting the glass plate in first, followed by the photo of choice and adhere the black backing and you're done!
Run the vector lines on the back of the frame (with the lid open)
to ensure your cut happens in the correct place.
Frame after cutting and engraving.