The Epilog system used for this project was a 45 watt Helix.
- First, begin by lightly ironing the napkins so they lay flat in the engraver.
- Next, open the file sc_napkin_graphic.cdr
- Place your first napkin in the machine and tape down the right and bottom edges (see image to the right.)
- On a 45-watt Helix, we used the following settings for each 16-inch by 16-inch napkin:
DPI: 200 DPI
RASTER SPEED: 60%
RASTER POWER: 20%
- Repeat the steps above for all napkins.
Using a small amount of masking tape,
secure the bottom and right edge of the
napkin to the engraving table.
The darkest napkins such as red, orange
and pink produce the best contrasts.