The Epilog system used for this project was a 35 watt Helix.
- First, open the file 1_candle_secure.cdr
- NOTE: We left the English version of the symbols on all files for your reference. We did not include the text on the engravings.)
- Place your acrylic in the machine.
- If your acrylic does not have an adhesive backing, use masking tape to alleviate any smoke damage to the material.
- NOTE: For your convenience, the Chinese symbols have already been "mirrored" in CorelDRAW so they appear correct when viewed from the non-engraved side.
- On a 35-watt Helix, we used the following settings for each 5-inch by 5-inch piece:
RASTER SPEED: 35%
RASTER POWER: 100%
VECTOR SPEED: 4%
VECTOR POWER: 100%
- Repeat the steps above for all files.
- After each piece is done being engraved and cut, remove the tape to see the clean, crisp engraving.
- Arrange the pieces in a way this is appealing to you - we stacked them diagonally so the symbols fall in the corner of each blue piece and the center of the clear acrylic piece.
- Once you are satisfied with the placement of your pieces, use the acrylic adhesive to secure them in their final positions.
- Place the tea light in the center and you're done.
Our acrylic tiles before final assembly
Final assembly, reading diagonally from the left, "wise", "strong", and "secure."