Epilog Laser 2013 Year in Review
Golden, CO (Dec. 30, 2013) As another great year comes to a close, Epilog would like to take a minute to reflect on all the wonderful events and accomplishments of 2013.
2013 has been a wonderful year for us and we can’t express enough thanks to our employees, distributors, associates, fans and friends for their continued support along the way. In the past 12 months Epilog has not only grown as a company, but we’ve also become more connected to our customers as well.
As we prepare for a fantastic 2014, we look back fondly at all that 2013 brought with it including:
- 2013 marked Epilog’s 25th year in business. Celebrating our quarter-century anniversary was a wonderful way to start the year out.
- In February of 2013, we launched the Fusion 32. This cutting-edge machine features a sizable 32” x 20” engraving table, a redesigned motion control system for superior engraving/cutting quality, a joystick control that allows you to fire the laser on the fly and so much more! The Fusion 32 has been very well-received and we’re thrilled that customers are embracing this new machine.
- In the early spring, we presented our fifth Epilog Challenge with Instructables.com! The number of entries continues to climb with each installment of the Challenge. This year, we had 1,191 entries and gave out a total of 24 prizes! The grand prize winner of a new Zing 16 Laser system went to MIT student, Jaguar Kristeller, for his Electric Orbit Wheels: Laterally Propelled Hub-less Rollerblades instructable.
- In July we headed out to California to be a sponsor at the WIRED Café at Comi-Con. This has become an annual tradition for Epilog and we were excited to provide custom engraving services for all of the VIPs and celebrities who attended.
- A few months later Epilog was invited to sponsor and exhibit at the very first MAKE event in Colorado – the NoCo Mini Maker Faire in Loveland! Over 3,000 people attended the inaugural event and there were a total of 120 makers filling 100,000 square feet of maker space!
- Soon after the NoCo Mini Maker Faire, Epilog launched the new Fusion 40 system – filled with the same features and benefits as the Fusion 32, but with an impressive 40” x 28” engraving table!
- As fall got underway, we were approached by the Golden History Center to be part of their newest exhibit, Made in Golden: Where Innovation Lives. This is a three-year exhibit where attendees can learn all about technology and innovation at the local level. Epilog provided a Mini 18 laser where people can engrave their own keepsake from the exhibit!
- One of the most exciting milestones of 2013 was Epilog’s release of the first-ever Mac driver for a laser system! This is the first ever driver created for Mac users that allows operators to control the Fusion Laser systems and perform applications from the computer.
- To round out the year and celebrate Christmas in Colorado, Epilog donated 174 fully-stuffed stockings (about 800 individual toys) to the kids at Fort Carson (through American Military Family and Balfour Beatty Communities, who run the housing units at Fort Carson). A huge thank you goes out to Epilog employees and our friends at Colorado 811 for their generous donations!
As the New Year approaches, Epilog is looking forward to making sure 2014 will be filled with more exciting announcements and accomplishments.
We’d like to thank you - our customers, friends, fans and associates - for your support in helping make 2013 one of the best years in the history of Epilog Laser. Merry Christmas, happy holidays and best wishes to all for a wonderful new year.
For more information, contact:
Marketing Communications Specialist
+1 303 277 1188