As many can attest, 2009 was a challenging year for small and large businesses alike; however, 2009 proved to be a fortunate year for Epilog. We'd like to take a moment to thank our customers, vendors, associates and employees for helping make 2009 a solid year for our company.
From launching the Zing 24 Laser system to working with Instructables and Geekdad.com on some exciting contests, here are a few Epilog highlights from 2009:
- In February we teamed up with Instructables.com to launch the Epilog Challenge. DIY project entries needed to incorporate an environmentally-friendly aspect and the grand prize winner received a Zing 16 Laser. We had 478 entries and the winning project was a “DIY High-Speed Book Scanner from Trash and Cheap Cameras”.
- Also in February, we launched the highly-anticipated Zing 24 Laser. Coined by some as the Zing 16's big brother, the Zing 24 once again raises the bar for entry-level engraving systems.
- In March Epilog completely revamped its web site, offering visitors more resources, downloadable files and information on the laser engraving industry.
- Once again, we were given an Editor's Pick Award at the Bay Area Maker Faire.
- In June we won a Bronze Quill Award from the Colorado chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) in the Communications Management/Media Relations category for the launch of the Zing 16 Laser.
- Towards the end of the summer, we teamed up with WIRED Magazine's GeekDad blog to host the Mystery Box Challenge. The winner received a custom-engraved iPod Touch from Epilog.
- Thanks to our great employees and stellar hiring practices, Epilog was ranked fourth in the Denver Business Journal's Best Places to Work competition. This is our third consecutive year in the top 10!
- In November Epilog's Zing 24 Laser system was selected to part of the hugely-popular WIRED Store. The system will be demonstrated by area artists and used to customize tech gadgets brought in by shoppers.
- Just recently, Epilog was named Supplier of the Year by TagWorks, a customer we partnered with in early 2009.
In 2010 we will continue working hard to meet new goals, announce exciting and relevant news, and of course, continue to provide the quality products and service that sets Epilog apart from the rest. Again, thank you for helping make 2009 a great year for us. In return, we’ll continue to provide all of our customers with the resources and support that will make 2010 a spectacular year for them.
Warmest holiday wishes,
This year Epilog employees participated in two holiday charity drives. Through The Family Tree, we "adopted" a family, raising money for household goods and toys for a mother and daughter. Additionally, we held a toy drive for American Military Family, Inc. Employees raised over $600 and brought in over 100 toys for these two great organizations that help make the holidays brighter for so many people. Epilog Laser also made a corporate donation of $1000 to each of these outstanding organizations.